Rice Noodle Bowl
· 1-1/2 cup dried rice noodles-broken into 1 inch pieces
· 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
· 2 teaspoons sugar
· 2 teaspoons Chile sauce
· 4 teaspoons canola oil
· ½ cup finely chopped onion
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 cup thinly slice red bell pepper
· 1 cup broccoli florets
· 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts or cashews (optional)
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add broken noodles. Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 7 minutes until noodles are rehydrated. Drain and discard water.
Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chile sauce and ½ cup of water in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir fry 1 minute. Add bell pepper and broccoli and cook 1 minute more. Add soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute more or until bell pepper and broccoli are tender. Stir in noodles. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with nuts.