Fruit and Coconut Salad
· 1 apple-(sliced vertical or you can chop in bite size pieces)
· 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
· 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
· 1 banana sliced
· 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 8 ounces of low- fat plain yogurt
· ½ cup shredded coconut
· 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
· 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Toss the fruit with lemon juice and honey, place in a serving bowl or arrange on a serving platter.
In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, preserves, walnuts and vanilla.
Toss the sauce and fruit together in the serving bowl or place in a small bowl to serve as a dip for fruit on the platter.