Pita Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber, and Herbs
· 3 Pitas (7 inch)
· 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
· 2 cups cucumbers (diced)
· 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
· 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
· ½ chopped red onion
· ¼ cup sliced green onions
· ½ cup chopped fresh mint
· ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
· 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon sugar
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Arrange pitas on a baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until crisp, turning after 7 minutes. Set aside and cool.
Combine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions, mint and parsley in a large bowl.
Break pita into bite size pieces and add to salad, toss gently.
Combine juice, sugar, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Slowly add oil stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes, serve at room temperature.